Since spring is finally here, now is the ideal time to inspect your house for these minor problems. Today, we’re going to share with you a couple of spring maintenance tips for your roof. If you notice any issues, fix them by hiring reliable roofing contractors Oakland CA.
Check the Interior
- One of the first things you’ve got to inspect is your attic. After the cold months, there will always be a case where water has gotten its way inside your home’s attic. If you don’t find this right away, this can lead to expensive repairs. You need to look for light from the roof. Aside from that, you should also inspect for warping on the ceiling. Warping on the ceiling is a sign of ongoing or current damage. On the other hand, light from the roof means that there’s a hole in your roof that can allow weather and pests to come in.
- Once you’re finished checking your attic, the next thing you’ve got to do is walk around every room of your house and inspect the ceiling. You will know already the general area to look at to figure out if you’ve got to hire experts. This is particularly true if there’s damage in the attic.
However, you will still have to look in every room even if you’ve got no damage in your attic. You might be experiencing water damage if there’s warping or discoloration. You have to tackle it right away.
Check the Exterior
- For the spring season, there are a couple of things you need to look for. This includes trees invading your roof, missing shingles, and molds or moss. These things can result in more problems. Thus, you have to inspect your roof regularly for these things.
- You will have to climb up your roof if it has features such as skylights, pipes, or chimneys. Once you’re up on the roof, inspect the surrounding areas of these features. Aside from searching for damages, you will also have to inspect the flashing. If there are rusts, it can lead to costly repairs in the future. Thus, you shouldn’t ignore it. Hire a professional roofer right away.
On the other hand, you should inspect if there are no popped–out nails, missing shingles, or lose pieces if you’ve got a shingle roof.
- You shouldn’t forget to inspect your soffits boards as well. These boards are the ones that will link the walls of your house to the roof. You might find the boards damaged or broken. This depends on the weather condition and the age of your roofing system. Luckily, you can fix these boards with the help of a professional roofing contractor.